Bats of Britain and Europe
This concise and definitive guide presents all 45 bat species that regularly occur in Europe (of which 17 are known to breed in the British Isles). The extensive introduction details the remarkable biology of bats and explores the latest findings in bat evolution, behaviour and echolocation.
This is followed by in-depth species accounts covering life history, conservation status and identification, including echolocation characteristics, and complemented by accurate distribution maps, with the book illustrated throughout with superb colour photography.
Suitable for beginners, students, professionals or conservationists alike, Bats of Britain and Europe is the authoritative field guide for bat watchers – an essential reference for every bat enthusiast.
- Allows identification of families, genera and where possible species of all European bats
- Illustrated throughout with almost 700 colour photographs
- Packed with information on bat behaviour, ecology and conservation
- Lynx Edicions Publications
- Natural History Bookstore