The Complete Guide to Finding the Birds of Australia
First published in 1994, The Complete Guide to Finding the Birds of Australia was the first ever book of its type in Australia – a complete guide to locating every resident bird species in Australia, plus supplementary information on where to find rarities, migratory species and logistical information.
This fully revised second edition expands on the best-selling appeal of the first, describing the best-known sites for all of Australia’s endemic birds, plus vagrants and regular migrants such as seabirds and shorebirds. It covers all states and territories, and is the first guide to include all of Australia’s island and external territories. A comprehensive Bird Finder Guide details site information on all Australian bird species, and the authors provide valuable travel advice, including transport, climate and accommodation.
Profusely illustrated with colour photographs of interesting, unique or unusual Australian birds, this book is a must-have for all birdwatchers living in Australia or visiting from overseas.
- Easy-to-read, up-to-date information augmented with easily understood maps
- Divided by geographical area according to ease of finding each species
- Covers all endemic and resident species plus migratory species that can be reasonably expected most years
- Occupies a unique niche in that it covers every Australian species and all Australian territories. This is not a site guide describing every birding location in the country; rather it tells the reader the best places to see each species.
- A full list of rarities (vagrant species) is provided
Colour photos of interesting or unusual birds