SASOL 300 Easy-to-See Birds in Southern Africa
This practical, straight forward guide to some of the most commonly seen birds in southern Africa is aimed at beginner birders, or even juniors. Less daunting than a full-blown fieldguide, it's handy and accessible, combining simple text with clear artwork and photographs to introduce 300 of the region's easy-to-see birds. For each bird SASOL 300 Easy-to-See Birds offers:
- Simple text, including how to 'find it', 'identify it' and 'understand it'
- Colour images, both illustrations and photographs
- A distribution map
- Average size, details of the nest and the number of eggs laid on average
- Interest boxes for some birds, providing extra information
Colourful, to-the-point and offering quick ID pointers, SASOL 300 Easy-to-See Birds should find a ready market among southern African birders and outdoor enthusiasts.
Text in English with scientific nomenclature and vernacular names in English, Afrikaans and other African languages.
- Lynx Edicions Publications
- Natural History Bookstore