Field Guide for the identification of the birds of Portugal, written by experts and with the collaboration of SPEA, the Portuguese Ornithological Society. Contains detailed and up-to-date information on all species present in continental Portugal, as well as the Azores, Madeira and the Selvagens.
- Treats all regularly present species, and includes an appendix containing information about accidental species.
- Completely new texts and maps, created specially for this Guide.
- Information on population and distribution is provided in separate sections for continental Portugal and the Atlantic archipelagos.
- 257 highly detailed maps, indicating varying distributions throughout the year.
- 90 colour plates showing the principal identifying features of all species present.