English version of Aves de España, the most popular Field Guide to the identification of the birds of Spain, with more than 40,000 copies sold.
Recommended by SEO/Birdlife, it contains updated information on all bird species present in Spanish territories.
- Includes Peninsular Spain, Ceuta, Melilla and the Balearic and Canary Islands.
- Describes field identification characteristics, habitat, migratory status, distribution and conservation status of all regularly present species and common vagrants, and also contains an appendix with a summary of other occasional species.
- Completely revised texts and many new drawings.
- Updated taxonomy following the HBW and Birdlife International Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World.
- More than 300 maps detailing the areas of presence throughout the year.
- Around 1,000 colour illustrations showing the main details for the identification of the species in the field.
- 567 species, including 173 vagrants.
This book has a dual purpose. First and foremost, it is a field guide. Secondly, it offers a brief summary of what is known of the Spanish avifauna. It is aimed at a wide readership, specifically those who would like to take up birding and those who are looking for a simple, straightforward and up-to-date reference work on Spanish birds.
A References list gives the most important recent publications on the Spanish avifauna, in particular the ornithological atlases and regional avifaunas, as well as regional Bird Reports, including those published on-line. It also includes other identification guides and those advising on where to watch birds in Spain.
Go to the contents