The first comprehensive book of records on sauropod dinosaurs and their close relatives.
- Rigorously and extensively researched.
- It includes more than 2000 records, each one with its respective bibliography.
- It presents c. 600 valid species that are currently known, plus c. 300 potential ones.
- It contains more than 300 full-colour reconstructions of specimens, accompanied by over 1500 diagrams and technical drawings.
- It consists of 8 main chapters: Taxonomy (evolutionary classification), Chronology (species occurring at different times), Geography (presence in the paleocontinents), Anatomy (including bones, osteoderms and integument), Biology (feeding, locomotion, reproduction, senses, diseases), Ichnology (footprints and other traces), History and Culture (important and sometimes poorly documented facts), and List of sauropods, tables that for the first time include all known species with their respective sizes and silhouettes, estimated systematically and rigorously.
- It includes a special section on the fossil plants of the Mesozoic era, an unprecedented and detailed compilation describing the organisms on which the sauropods fed.
- Carefully reviewed by paleontologist Ángel Alejandro Ramírez Velasco.
- Beautifully illustrated by Andrey Atuchin and Sante Mazzei. It includes quality graphic contributions by Jorge A. Ortiz-Mendieta, Josefa Valdivia and Heraldo Mussolini.
Some of the sauropods represented in this book have been converted into museum-quality scale figures and are available via Eofauna.
There are no reviews yet.